Wednesday, February 15, 2006

There's always a tradeoff

Well, I've been enjoying this whole "being my own boss" thing at work quite a bit. Of course, there's always positives and negatives to everything and these last two weeks have been the negative. A DC that has random connectivity/authentication issues, mail server migration, a new site in Perth that requires setup and three new servers for our asset management system. Far too much to do and far too little time.
At any rate, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The DC has been fixed as of this morning (probably my biggest headache as this is a problem that is visible to everyone). The mail migration is complete on the back end, the only people who have not been reconfigured are those travelling overseas. Equipment has been ordered for Perth, and as I type this I am sitting at my desk installing 2003 server via a Remote Access card on server 2 of 3. Very nice. Now, if I can just get everyone at Prospect sorted tomorrow I can take Friday off to make up for the lost sleep.

Time to end another techy computer based post on my blog. One day I'll write about something more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home