Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Spending other people's money

So, since we're saving hard for the wedding I haven't had much of a chance to splurge which is very unlike me. To overcome this deficit I'm buying things for work using their money. To date I've spent around $120,000 this year. Not a bad start for half way through the first month. Anyhow, it takes the edge off wanting to go out buying things.

In other news, the server at Prospect went down on Monday. One of the channels on the RAID controller died which wasn't pretty... thought I was going to have a server to rebuild but thankfully it all came up when the replacement board went in.

Coffee news... nothing to report. Haven't been out riding in a while - the hobbies have been on the backburner while I try and get life done. Hopefully things slow down soonish. Oh, I haven't mentioned that we're moving back to the Hawkesbury. Looks like I'll have the opportunity to see more of people. Anyhow, I have a meeting to go to so I think I'll leave you with one final thought before I go - Quicquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 am, Blogger Nathan Zamprogno said...

"Things sound more profound when said in Latin?" I didn't even need to look that one up.

Fantastic to hear you'll be back in the Hawkesbury. Richmond is nice...

 
At 12:46 pm, Blogger Joel Baltaks said...

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

 
At 11:21 am, Blogger Nathan Zamprogno said...

When I googled Joel's one, tea nearly came out my nose. (Ok for the lazy ones it's "I can't hear you, I have a Banana in my ear"

Try this one. (sorry I can't embed the pic directly.

And here's the answer.

Oh, and Tu ai furat turbanul canarului meu?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home