Friday, January 27, 2006

ISPs are wankers

Ok - flat out busy at work. In fact, the only reason I have time to post this while I'm at work is because the ISP who hosts our DNS has decided to purge our records. For the uninitiated, this means that we're getting no emails. Nada, none. Not good - especially since we were meant to be doing a Domino migration over the weekend.

Anyhow, this ISP maintains that we have no account with them. This is despite the fact that I can provide invoice numbers that they have sent us in the past. Since they are a bunch of wallies I've decided not to ask them to create us a new account, but have contacted the people who host our website. They are quite happy to do it, but of course the modification automatically emails me details that I require to get up and running. Feels very much like I'm going around in circles. Meh.

On the bright side, my swanky new laptop has arrived. 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 256MB video card, 100GB HDD.... lots of goodness. We need to have a LAN party sometime soon - can't wait to see CS running on this thing.

Finally, a thought from a friend of mine - "the whole metro movement is about the feminization of men...and I am fighting for men to say no to becoming pussies". Very amusing.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, Blogger Nathan Zamprogno said...

"feminisation" is spelled with an "s" and not a "z", but apart from that, amen. ;-)

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger Tam said...

Damn that American spellcheck!

 
At 10:24 am, Blogger Grant said...

hmm... does it do that automatically? That was a straight copy and paste with an "s"!

 
At 4:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever said that has big balls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home