Monday, December 05, 2005

Rambling

Well, another weekend down and back with my nose to the grind. Had a good breakfast with the boys at Nathan's place, discussing the war in Iraq, political systems and economic systems (hooray for intelligent discussion!). Funnily enough, after everyone agreeing that democracy was a far better system than an autocracy I have just finished reading a post on someone else's blog about how democracy can never work in the church because it promotes dissension! What an amazing thought. Does this mean the church in question actually supports dictatorship...? Slightly tic but something interesting to think about. I know Baptist churches use a voting system.

In other news I have a job review this week. My current postion as a newtwork admin will now include the roles of our IT Manager (my old boss) who has gone back to France for an internal transfer. After some input from my peers on salary recommendations - 55k (eek!) to 90k (yay!) - I'm going to aim for 80k, hope for 75k but be happy with 70k. When you take our bonus system into consideration that works out pretty well. Fingers are crossed so we'll see what happens.

Not much else to report, I suppose I should add that my grinder is definitely arriving this week. Tam, if you're reading this we'll be drinking some damn fine coffee at your place on Sunday. Hopefully something approaching this. Bring on the Monsooned Malabar!

4 Comments:

At 8:37 am, Blogger Justin Warner said...

Mmmm... coffee...
I will also be at Tam's on the weekend. If there was no other reason to come (which there is plenty), I'd still come just for that coffee. The opportunity for good coffee cannot go to waste.

 
At 10:04 am, Blogger Tam said...

Me on the other hand will now be staying only for the coffee...

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Nathan Zamprogno said...

Why can't people get as excited about a nice cup of tea? I'll drink coffee, but I'm a tea man at heart. I feel so... inadequate.

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Grant said...

Ah Nathan, you need to experience coffee. Noth this crud they serve in cafes - the real stuff. Flavours instead of bitterness... I won't go on because I should simply write another post about it. Sunday will be your awakening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home